Below are instructions to sign up for receiving an email whenever the Polk County Association of Lakes and Rivers (PCALR) posts news on its website (pcalr.org).
- In the right column of the News Stories page, enter your email address in the blank space provided under the “News Notifications” heading.
- Select the “Subscribe” button to submit your request.
- A popup window should appear from the service that provides the emails asking you to enter a group of distorted characters. This step is a way to prevent spammers from signing up for the emails. Select the “Complete Subscription Request” button.
- The popup window should next show that your request has been accepted. If not, you may need to reenter the group of distorted characters.
- Next you should receive an email asking you to click a link to activate your subscription to receive email updates.
- You should start receiving emails at the address you submitted whenever PCALR adds news to its News Stories page.
- You may unsubscribe from receiving these email news updates in the footer of any news update email you receive.