PCALR Lake/River District Commissioner Training
Polk County Government Center, Balsam Lake
Friday, October 4, 2019; 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Instructor: Eric Olson, Director, UW Extension, Wisconsin Lakes
$25 fee per person; includes lunch
Register now — Limited to 35 participants
Registration must be received by September 27, 2019
Not just for District Commissioners. All lake/river organization members, Town Board members and County Board members can benefit from this instruction, discussion, and Q&A.
Essential for leaders new to your organization. This is the training Eric Olson offers at the annual Wisconsin Lakes Convention.
Morning: Eric will walk us through the basics of Wisconsin’s unique lake district law and the important roles that elected and appointed commissioners play in making them work: the basics of WI § Chapter 33 that governs lake districts and other relevant rules and laws that every lake district commissioner and lake group officer should be familiar with.
Box lunch catered by Café Wren, Luck.
Afternoon: Beyond the basics
Discuss your challenges operating your lake district:
- Budget issues and developing an annual budget
- WI DNR Surface Water Grants program (recent changes)
- How to engage in cost-sharing programs to carry out your organization’s work
- Ideal roles for appointed commissioners and board members
- Experiences with municipal and county appointees
- Q&A session